This info is for the February to May season.
LCYO will be fielding Shetland (ages 5-6) through Pony (ages 13-14) divisions for Spring 2023. Division ages are based on the player's age as of 4/30/2024. Teams will have two days a week of baseball. One day during the week (Monday-Thursday) and the other day is on Saturday. Times and locations will depend on your team's division and schedule which will not be made until after the teams are formed (the only way to request dates/times is to volunteer to manage). We do not know your player's date and time of practice/games until the schedule is finalized and you will be notified as soon as things are scheduled. For the first few weeks, you will have practices and then once games start, practices will end.
- Mandatory Player Evaluations will be held on Saturday, January 20th for Pinto, Mustang, and Bronco divisions.
- Practices will start Saturday, February 3rd and Games will start the week of Monday, March 11th
- Opening Day will be on Saturday, March 9th
- Championship Day will be on Saturday, May 11th
- If you are interested in volunteering to manage or assistant coach this season, please register at the same time as you register your player(s). It helps our league so much to have plenty of volunteer coaches.
There will be a Mandatory Player Evaluation on January 20th. After the evaluations, there will be a draft among the managers that volunteer to create the balanced teams for the spring season. Friend requests are not guaranteed. If you have a friend request, you can request ONE friend and if it does not affect the balance of the team, it may be considered but again, not guaranteed. The only way to guarantee a friend on your team is to volunteer to manage a team and have the player's parent assist you or vice versa.
What is the appropriate division for my player in the Spring?
Divisions for Spring 2024 are based on the player's date of birth.
Years Eligible (2024 Spring Season)
Shetland/T-Ball - Players Born Between 5.01.17- 4.30.19
Pinto Division - Players Born Between 5.01.15- 4.30.17
Mustang Division - Players Born Between 5.01.13- 4.30.15
Bronco Division - Players Born Between 5.01.11- 4.30.13
Pony Division - Players Born Between 5.01.09- 4.30.11
Players need to provide:
- Baseball glove
- Cleats (non-metal)
- Baseball Pants
- Batting helmet
- USA Stamped Baseball Bat (BBCOR is allowed in Pony division)
- Sliding shorts (not required but recommended)